Why Use Cement Board Screws?
Cement board screws are essential for construction professionals. They are used to attach high-density sheathing and cement board to wall, flooring and wooden supports. Cement board drywall screws are designed to blend well with the cement board itself, and to offer countersinking and reduction of pulling through and stripping out. Plus, they’re made of corrosion-resistant material so your project remains rust-free in the future. The right cement board screws can even help prevent movement and squeaking beneath ceramic tile.
While there are several other types of fastener options to choose from, our cement board screws are often a better solution than drywall screws due to its wide range of advantages, including:
- Quality, durable steel body that can withstand shear forces and resist breakage for better heavy-duty use
- Better threading for faster and more secure screwing
- Improved Ruspert coating for exceptionally high corrosion resistant — these coatings are made using three different layers including a base metallic zinc layer followed by a chemical conversion layer and finished with a baked ceramic surface coating
- Phillips wafer or flat heat for simple, hassle-free installation and a professional finish
- Nibs beneath the head to eliminate the screws from backing out over time
At FMW Fasteners, we strive to always offer our customers, from the most experienced professionals to handy homeowners, the most effective, high-quality fastener and cement board screw solutions for lasting stability, durability and performance. Our selection of thread forming and self-drilling cement board screws are specially designed to be an effective fastener product for all types and grades of cement board.
High-Quality Cement Board Screws From FMW Fasteners
When perusing the wide variety of different fasteners available, you may be overwhelmed by the selection available and unsure of what types of screws are most appropriate for your installation project. While many different screws look similar, you’ll find that each features different design features and advantages for better-securing results over time. Cement board screws are available in several different designs that are best suited for different types of structures and supporting materials. These qualities are what you should consider, and all are available at FMW Fasteners:
- Sharp drill point: Screws with a sharp drill point will allow you to quickly cut through the cement board and adjoining wooden support structure to ease installation practices and have a more secure fit.
- Spoon point: The shape of this screw point removes surface material as the screw is being inserted for faster insertion — spoon point cement board screws are ideally used for wood, light metal studs or thick cement board.
- Self-drilling point: A screw with a self-drilling point mimics the performance and ease of a drill bit. Cement board screws with a self-drilling point don’t require a pilot hole, which reduces mess, hassle and site preparation.
- Reamer wings: Screws with reamer wings feature a self-drilling tip for effortless installation, as well as a set of wings that ream out wood surfaces to prevent premature thread engagement when attaching wood materials to metal.
At FMW Fasteners, we understand the importance of finding the right type of cement board screw for your project — if you’re unsure of what type of screw is best for your needs, reach out to our skilled, helpful experts for guidance and more detailed product specifications.
Solutions for Commercial and Residential Projects
At FMW Fasteners, we work with both construction professionals and contractors, as well as homeowners who love to dabble in do-it-yourself projects. Perhaps the greatest benefit in choosing FMW Fasteners as your source for cement board drywall screws and other fastener products is that you can always count on professional-grade, top-quality materials that help you create the best possible results.
The construction professionals working on a large commercial project enjoy the same high-quality cement board screws as the do-it-yourself homeowner looking to complete a job.
Get Your Cement Board Screws Fast
Because we work with both construction professionals and do-it-yourself enthusiasts, we offer affordable pricing and fast shipping that’s completely free on qualified orders. We created this efficient product delivery system because we know that customers like you don’t always have time to wait for the arrival of cement board screws and other fasteners. Your projects are moving forward, and you need drywall screws for cement board sooner rather than later.
You can also order cement board screws in any quantity you wish. While other providers may set certain minimum bulk amounts, you can order from FMW Fasteners in the exact quantity you need. Even better: you can return what you don’t need or use at the end of the project. There’s no time limit on returns and there are no questions asked. We’re here to serve you with high-quality cement board screws, and our systems, processes and policies are all designed to reinforce that commitment.
For Your Next Project
Need backerboard screws for your next project? You’ve come to the right place. FMW Fasteners is your go-to source for affordable screws for cement board that can arrive at your business or home in no time flat. Just look through our categories listed below, find the right type and size of cement board screw and order in the exact amount you need.
Explore our wide variety of cement screws today and get the cement board screws needed for your next project.