Choosing the right tamper-proof screws for your specific project is crucial for reliable and lasting results, which is why our team of experts is available to assist you with selecting the right kind of security fastener to ensure they work and keep your property functional for many years. We can even help you find specific and difficult to find fasteners to suit any type of installation project you have. All our security fastener products are available in a variety of quantities to suit any project expectations.
Without the correct bit, which the average person is unlikely to have access to, removal of these screws is next to impossible.
Difference Between Tamper-Proof and Tamper-Resistant Screws
There's an industry-wide misconception that tamper-proof and tamper-resistant screws are interchangeable. However, these implements are different in how they operate and the performance they offer users.
Tamper-resistant screws are designed to withstand vandalization attempts and are fairly difficult to remove. These fasteners can only be installed and removed with a specific tool, decreasing the risk of successful tampering without highly specialized equipment and dedicated planning. Still, they can only provide so much protection, which is where tamper-proof configurations can step in. Tamper-proof screws take security to the next level by making it almost impossible for vandals to damage or remove. These fasteners offer more peace of mind that your products are safe and secure.
At FMW Fasteners, we carry a wide inventory of tamper-proof and tamper-resistant screws made from high-quality materials to ensure you find an option that meets your needs.
How to Find the Right Screw
Selecting the right fastener option depends on your application. This type of hardware is available in various shapes, sizes, threads and weight ratings. These differences mean that not every kind of tamper-resistant or tamper-proof screw will support your needs. During your search, you'll want to consider any specifications, such as:
- Security levels
Choosing the Right Material for Your Unique Project
A significant part of finding a viable solution includes deciding on the right fastener material. While exploring the diverse selection of tamper resistant screws available at FMW Fasteners, you'll discover several different construction materials to choose from — but how can you determine which manufacturing material works best for your projects needs? With the right material type, you can expect to save on long-term costs and ensure lasting performance without expecting damages or deterioration in certain environments.
At FMW Fasteners, we offer our customers with security fasteners that are specially crafted from the highest quality materials for long-term performance, including:
- Alloy Steel: Our alloy steel fasteners are durable and treated with an added zinc coating for better corrosion resistance in diverse environments.
- Zinc-Plated Steel: For long-lasting secure results, our zinc plated steel offers improved corrosion resistance for our fasteners.
- 18-8 Stainless Steel: Steel designated as 18-8 stainless steel is crafted using 18% chrome and 8% nickel. This composition offers greater resilience than alternative steel products as well as corrosion, rust and oxidation resistance. While 18-8 stainless steel is an exceptional material, it's not recommended for use in coastal areas.
Types of Tamper Proof Fasteners
We understand every building project is unique with diverse specifications, which is why we offer various head types to suit your long-term security fastening needs. At FMW Fasteners, we have several tamper-proof and resistant screw heads to choose from, each with their own distinct advantages:
- Torx screws: Torx screws feature a distinct, specially designed six-point star shape design that's made to allow a higher torque to be used with the screw. A specialized drill head is needed to insert and remove a Torx screw and tamper-proof styles feature a pin to prevent removal.
- Hex socket screws: Hex socket screws have a rounded head with a hexagonal shape that's driven specifically with an Allen wrench. Our tamper-resistant hex socket screws have a pin in the recess to deter tampering.
- One-way screws: A one-way screw head style seems simple with its flat head installation technique, but due to its improved tamper-proof design, it cannot be extracted without using a special tool, a one-way extractor.
- Drilled spanner screws: Like other tamper-resistant screws, the drilled spanner screw has a unique shape to resist removal, and only spanner drivers can install and remove this type of screw.
Uses for Tamper-Proof Screws
Tamper-proof screws deter people from removing them, often to protect or secure specific products. Fasteners are designed for permanent fixing and have a unique shape that makes them very difficult to tamper with. These types of screws are perfect for construction jobs where the finished product will be in a public area where someone might tamper with them. You’ll find these tamper-resistant screws useful for license plates, street signs, vehicles and in locations such as public cafeterias, jails and public bathroom stalls.
Other common uses for these fasteners include:
- Digital cameras
- Maintenance holes
- Park benches
- Consumer product displays
A Diverse Selection of Tamper-Resistant Screws Only at FMW Fasteners
Tamper-resistant screws are high-quality options providing users with detachability while maintaining an unrivaled performance. FMW Fasteners carries an expansive line of tamper-resistant screws in metal and wood configurations. We list screws with imperial and metric measurements, ensuring a convenient solution fitting your specifications.
If you’re in need of tamper-resistant screws, take a look at FMW Fasteners’ line of tamper-proof wood and metal screws. We have a wide variety of tamper proof screws for you to choose from including:
- Black or 18-8 stainless steel Torx button-head sheet metal screws
- Alloy or 18-8 stainless steel Torx flat-head machine screws
- Black or 18-8 stainless steel Torx flat-head sheet metal screws
- Hex button-head socket machine
- Alloy or 18-8 stainless steel socket sheet metal screws
- Hex flat-head 18-8 stainless steel and black theft proof screws
Our inventory is also full of one-way round-head vandal-proof machine screws and sheet metal screws, zinc-plated or 18-8 stainless steel and one-way oval-head zinc-plated machine and sheet metal screws. You’ll find a variety of 18-8 stainless steel drilled spanner pan-head and flat-head tamper proof screws as well. With our collection at your disposal, you'll rest easy knowing every kind of hardware you need is within reach.
Get All Your Tamper Proof Screws From FMW Fasteners
If you’re not sure which type of theft-proof screws you need or how many you require, you have nothing to worry about with FMW Fasteners. We’re as happy to take a small order of a handful of tamper-proof screws as we are a large order. We can handle both easily and ship them to you right away. And if you do order the wrong screws, send them right back anytime. It’s no problem under our no-hassle return policy.
Don’t use vulnerable screws because you don’t know where to get reliable, tamper-proof screws. You can find affordable theft-proof screws with low-cost shipping — with free shipping available for all qualified orders — right now at FMW Fasteners.