When you work with machines, you need those machines to remain in alignment so they can deliver the utmost in accuracy and precision. Your machines rely on small parts like dowel pins to maintain that alignment, even during a full day of repetitive operation. Dowel pins are very common, versatile and solid tubular pieces of hardware that provide maximum holding power and accurate positioning for two or more pieces of hardware. Not only can dowel pins serve as effective pieces of hardware to securely fasten machinery and maintain proper alignment, but they can also act as axles or pivoting pieces.
At FMW Fasteners, we supply the highest quality dowel pins available, carefully manufactured from the finest alloy and stainless steel materials for lasting durable use and exceptional performance. Our steel dowel pins are appropriate for a range of different uses — from assemblies to machinery. When you need assistance finding the right type of material, type and size of dowel pin for your needs, trust our team of helpful, knowledgable experts to provide guidance.
Different Types of Dowel Pins for Sale
When exploring dowel pins, you’ll find a wide variety of different hardware options, all with different performance properties and advantages. Dowel pins are often found in either standard round or vented options. Standard dowel pins have a smooth finish and are often utilized in through-hole applications while vented dowels are designed to allow trapped air to escape in blind hole areas. Dowel pins are also available in the following types:
- Precision: Best used in interference fit purposes, the precision pin is based on the hole size, durability and ductility.
- Oversized: These dowel pins are slightly larger than standard sized pins — they are best used in spaces with damaged holes or softer materials.
- Standard: Standard dowel pins are used to maintain and ensure consistent alignment and their chamfered end pieces allow for easy, smooth pin insertion.
- Grooved: As the name suggests, grooved dowel pins have grooves along the sides to allow for steady, free movement.
- Pull-out: A pull-out dowel pin has an internally threaded hole that lets the dowel be reused when used with a standard pull-out tool. Pull-out pins are best used for blind holes.
Finding the Right Material for the Job
At FMW Fasteners, we stock only the highest quality, most dependable products for long-term performance and stability. All of our dowel pins are crafted from exceptional products including:
- Alloy steel: Dowel pins made with alloy steel feature high strength properties — the material itself is incredibly durable and then heat treated for added resilience. Alloy steel doesn’t have an added coating, so these materials are brittle, especially in temperature fluctuations.
- 18-8 stainless steel: 18-8 stainless steel is the most popular material option for fasteners because it is affordable, dependable and incredibly resistant to rust and corrosion.
- 316 stainless steel: When you need a dowel pin material that’s a bit sturdier than the standard 18-8 stainless steel, upgrade to 316 stainless steel. It’s a more costly manufacturing material, however, it can be used in chlorinated, marine and harsh environments without succumbing to damage or harmful corrosion.
When You Need the Best, Rely on FMW Fasteners
Do you need quality, durable dowel pins to do your best work? If so, FMW Fasteners has the dowel pins you need. Our selection of dowel pins includes stainless steel options that meet a wide range of specifications. Order in the exact amount you need, and enjoy tough, reliable performance from your dowel pins over the long term.
At FMW Fasteners, we are committed to competitive pricing and fast shipping. You enjoy free shipping on qualified orders, and you can return what you don’t want, need or use at any time — as long as the materials remain in like-new condition. When you need the best dowel pins available, choose FMW Fasteners as your supplier. Peruse our wide selection of dowel pins for sale today to find options that meet your specific expectations.